‘It’s going to be difficult to find a new home’ for homeless teen in Melbourne’s west

The young homeless teenager who fell into a coma after being taken into custody by police has been released from hospital. 

The 22-year-old from Port Melbourne in Victoria was arrested on Saturday after he refused to be handcuffed during a search warrant at his house on Friday morning.

Police found him sleeping on the front steps of the house and he later died in hospital.

The teenager was taken to hospital on Saturday, and a post-mortem examination has been scheduled.

His mother said her son’s death was an ”incredibly sad and traumatic experience”.

“He was my baby, he was my son, he loved me,” she said.

“It’s really hard to find somewhere that’s just right for him.

We’re just really desperate for something to be done to help him.”

The man’s mother said she was grateful for the help she received from the Victoria Police, but that she did not know where the teenager was staying.

She said the family had been struggling to make ends meet for the past year, but had found a new job.

Melbourne’s north and east has been the scene of a dramatic rise in homelessness in recent years.

It is believed the number of people sleeping rough in the city is at a record high.

More than 50 people have died in Melbourne since October.

About 20 people are still living in a tent in the central business district.

Related Post